Thursday, March 11, 2010

PR and a Mind F$&@k

Clean and Jerk (Push Jerk) singles
95
125
155
175
195
210
220
230 F
240 PR
250 F
250 F
235 F

The 240 went up smooth and fluid. I was hopping from adrenaline and nerves for the 250. I missed the clean and it was all downhill from there. That 250 really got into my head. It mad dogged me and screwed with my mind and intimidated me into submission. I missed it again and decided to drop down, get the lift and my confidence, and then go back up, but I missed 235 and called it a day. Still, stoked about the 240 PR.

Front Squat 5x3
185x3
210x3
230x3
250x3
260x4

The last rep with 250 felt a bit ragged. Apparently it looked that way too, because Billy agreed that I should just go to 260 rather than 265 for the last set of 3. However, I proved us both wrong and ground out 4 reps. My 1RM is 270, so I was pretty happy with that.

Press
95x3
115x3
135x3
145x3
155x1

I have been neglecting the press a little too much lately, but I was able to match my PR of 155. I have been benching lately, so I am sure there is some carryover there.

No comments:

Post a Comment