Today was another PR day. The 9 and 10am classes were filled with some big lifting. Vero's 305 deadlift. Chris D's 435 DL. Leslie's double bodyweight deadlift. This is inspiring stuff. When I got the chance to work jerks, I was feeling good. I have not jerked in quite a while, but I have been feeling strong lately so I thought I would go heavy. Saturday's 240 rack power jerk was on my mind too. Besides, without jerk boxes--gotta make em--it is hard to jerk for reps. You either go too light and are able to lower the bar, or heavy and have to dump. I pushed jerked, no split, as my SI just doesn't feel strong enough yet to handle a heavy explosive split.
Push Jerk
Worked up to a push jerk PR of 235#. A little quality coaching goes a long way. I missed 230 and asked Joc about it. The miss had felt out in front of me and she confirmed that my chest had inclined forward on the dip. She also noted that I had started my press too soon, before the drive was finished. Feeling confident that I could rectify these problems, I loaded up with 235 and proceeded to nail the lift. It actually surprised me that it went up so easily. Joc said that you could see the surprise in my face and the slight over looseness of my lower back. Still, very happy with it. Thanks Jocelyn.
Actually, I think my split jerk PR is 235, so I am very confident that when I feel up to splitting, that number is going to jump up. I have always had a good jerk, with loads above my clean. It is a really confident feeling to know that you can jerk anything you can clean.
Back Squat 5x5
135x5
165x5
195x5
225x5
255x5
Previous microcycle's 5RM was 205 and 3RM was 255, so I feel like I am on the right path for a PR in 2 weeks.
No metcon after. I am having a hard time getting my metcon on. I am loving lifting heavy, but the metcon is just not happening. It is especially hard to do a metcon by one's self. Need to get on it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nice work, coach! I agree that it is a pretty inspiring place.
ReplyDeleteWay to go Sam!!
ReplyDeleteYou're a beast!
ReplyDeleteI really appreciate the coaching Joc.
ReplyDelete