Monday, February 8, 2010

Back Squat Day

The squats (front and back) are rapidly becoming my favorite focus lifts for some reason. I never had much affinity for them before and certainly was neither comfortable or particularly good at them. That seems to be changing (well, maybe not the particularly good at them part).

Back Squat 5x1
Worked up to 300. Tried 310, but kind of pussed out and had to be helped up. I am already looking forward to the next 1RM day which is in 3 weeks. My previous PR is 315 and I want to beat it. Onward to front squats for a single on Wednesday.

WOD
5 rounds
7 Pullups
7 Power Cleans 40#
7 Ring Dips
7 Balls Slams 40#
11:06
Everything was pretty much unbroken except for the dips which rapidly deteriorated into double and singles. Damn dips. Oh well, work what you hate. And I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment