The program that I am on, the CFLG/Black Box Hybrid, is a 9 week macrocycle comprised of three 3 week microcycles. I should be at the beginning of the 2nd week of the third microcycle, but I have decided to take a week off from any hip flexion. My SI joint has been tweaky ever since the 100 2pd KB swings and I want to give it a break. I have 7 weeks of heavy lifting behind me and a week will be fine.
However, I am am still doing movements comprised primarily of the upper body--presses and pullups mainly.
Push Jerk
Previous PR was 235 set last Monday.
I worked up to 230 feeling good. I loaded the bar with 245 and missed it. My dip was straight and the bar got a little over halfway to lockout, but it just didn't go. I decided to skip 245 and go straight to 250. I missed 250 once and then got it for a big PR. As with most O lifts, when you get it right it feels easy. Next week 260#.
Bench 5x5
Previous 5RM was 205. Worked up to 210 for 4 reps and then dropped it back down to 195# for 6 reps. Racking the bar on the 6th rep at 195#, my spot Golden pulled the bar to the left and the side of my hand got caught rather painfully between the rack and the bar. Good times. Thanks Gold.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment