Worked the full snatch today for the first time in over a year. It felt like a foreign movement. I stayed light and really tried to work the technique. It helped having Joc keeping an eye on me. I have a problem with starting my 2nd pull too soon and too low. This leads to me lunging forward and under the bar. When I complete the shift and jump with the bar in the pocket and my elbows go high and my hands snap up, it just feels right. Got a couple like that today, but there will be a lot of practice ahead. Looking forward to it.
Squat Snatch 5x5
95x5
115x5
135x5
145x5 (missed 2)
145x5
Overhead Squat 5x5
95x5
145x5
175x5
200x3
195x4
I guess I didn't quite realize how much Wednesday's training took out of me. I was just beat. I was hoping for 205 for 5, but it didn't happen today.
Deadlifts and bench tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You would never have guessed how much time you had taken off based on how those snatches looked. Fantastic.
ReplyDelete