Thursday, February 4, 2010

An old school day.

Yesterday was the first truly hard day I have had since starting training again 4 weeks ago. All the other days have been hard, don't get me wrong, but yesterday was like the training days I used to do.

AM:
Squat Clean 5x3
Worked up to 200x3. Felt really good.
Front Squat 5x3
Started at 200 and worked up to 235 in 4 sets. I stopped after 4 sets because I am still forcing myself to not go all out yet. Still, my old 1RM was 260 and the 235 felt strong. Looking forward to the singles next Wed.

PM:
WOD 1
3 rds
10 P Snatch 95#
5 Muscle Ups
30 Double Unders
10 something. Ridiculously slow. The muscle ups were singles after the first round. The snatches and DUs were strong.

WOD 2
21, 15, 9
DL 185#
KB Russian Swing 100#
GHD Situp
7:00

And today I am really sore. Thank Elvis it is a rest day. Just foam rolled for 15 minutes and I feel a little more ambulatory and human.

No comments:

Post a Comment