I am really happy with the program I am on. It is the CFLG Black Box program that Billy and I came up with. Billy guinea pigged it on himself and made great gains. We tweaked it a little and I jumped on it and so far have zero complaints. This week has been all singles and the results have made me really happy, especially in light on my year off. I have been having some SI pain due to the 100 2 pood KB swings on Tuesday, but I haven't let it slow me down.
Today:
Power Snatch 1RM--185# PR
Previous best was 175 for 3 (kind of singles) last Saturday.
I worked up to 175 and failed it on the first attempt. Came back and nailed it. Went up to 180 and missed it about 4 times. According to Kyle, I was jumping forward under the bar rather than snapping my hands up. I focused on that and made the lift easily. Jumped to 185 and missed the first attempt. Same problem. I came back roaring and nailed it. I next went to 190 and missed about 5 in a row. I was starting to get tired and my pull was lower and lower, so I called it a day. I think 200 is within grasp, maybe in 3 weeks when I do singles again. Certainly it will happen with a squat snatch, although I was nearly at parallel with the 185 and 190 attempts.
Last week I was watching CFLG member and 2 time Olympian Kevin McMahon power clean. He attempted 335 like 7 times before he made the lift. Most people would have given up, but Kevin is a very determined lifter. I guess you need that kind of drive to be in the Olympics. Anyway, I was definitely thinking of him when I kept missing some of my lifts.
Overhead Squat 1RM
Previous PR (from over a year ago)-225
I did 205 for 3 last week. I really wanted to beat my old PR and I was feeling good after the snatches.
135x1
165x1
185x1
205x1
220xF (Chris said it was a good lift, but Cliff claimed it was borderline. It felt below parallel to me, but I didn't count it. It did, however, feel easy, so I skipped it and went to 230)
230x1
240xF (I lost it forward in the hole, but it was a rack push jerk PR and it made me look forward to starting jerks next week)
235x1 PR
A pretty good day. My SI joint is hurting now as I write this hours later. I'll see how it feels tomorrow for my deadlift singles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment